Friday, April 09, 2010

It gets even better

A while back, I tossed out an incredulous blog post about how Christopher Lee fancies himself a heavy metal star and was producing a heavy-metal-opera CD based on the life of his ancestor Charlemagne.

Now I find that Lydia Salnikova, erstwhile pianist and vocalist for my all-time favorite country band Bering Strait (you can see all their songs ranked in my personal order of preference, and individually reviewed, here)...sings the part of Charlemagne's third wife Hildegard on that heavy-metal album.

So:

(1) Ms. Salnikova has a certain flexibility of performance range, I would say.

(2) I just pre-ordered the album on Amazon.

(3) Once it gets here, I'll have to listen to the Salnikova tracks and integrate them into my Bering-Strait-and-alumni song rankings. "One of these things is not like the others..."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home