Sunday, February 28, 2010

A line I'd forgotten

A nice gentleman with whom I once, long ago and at great length in an internet discussion, disagreed on matters theological, got in touch with me to ask me to remove his name from the blog, as apparently prospective employers were googling his name, finding the discussion, and deciding not to hire him. Of course I stopped what I was doing and went through the whole history of the blog taking out every instance of his name, and in the process I ran across this throwaway line, which I don't remember writing but like very much now that I've met up with it again:

"Non-Christians will probably find things to be outraged about herein, but then if a non-Christian has yet to be outraged by Christianity, he probably doesn’t know much about it yet."

[grinning] That's the real reason I keep the blog -- once the stuff gets old enough, it's like reading somebody else's stuff, with a surprise around every corner.

Or maybe it's not so much a matter of the blogpost's getting old, as it is of the blogger's...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home