Saturday, February 27, 2010

Revisiting a great comment from a hilarious lady

My mom asked me today for the location of the free throw post, in which I explained how to shoot free throws with greater than 90% accuracy (as I did in my own high school career)...I think she plans to send it to the UWV women's basketball team, but that's neither here nor there. I looked it up for her, re-read the comments, and rediscovered this highly enjoyable exchange with the irrepressible Kris with a K:

At 8:53 PM, Blogger Kris with a K said...

Great exchange!

Your remark of "because when I advise a man, by George I advise him." reminds me of a comment my russian grandmother once made about my uncle (her son in law's brother...ya folla?)......"when you ask George a question, you should really have a chair handy."

(when you read 'ya folla', you need to hear it with Robert Shaw's irish accent from The Sting.)

At 9:22 AM, Blogger Ken Pierce said...

[chuckling delightedly] That's a great line. Was his name really George?

At 3:20 PM, Blogger Kris with a K said...

Yes, it is. Another: in my dad's family, the word 'actually' is used. A LOT. And it is pronounced slowly. As in: "you are so very wrong; you couldn't be wronger, and I am now going to point out to you and everyone else here the numerous ways I am righter than you, the ways you have erred, and will support my position will nonsensical logic based on half-information and transient theories."

At 12:59 PM, Blogger Ken Pierce said...

[holding stomach with both hands] Kris, you're killing me here...

[composing self] I'd never thought of it, but "actually" said slowly and scornfully enough really does mean exactly that. Subtext is everything, I suppose. [sliding off into helpless laughter again]
I figured you guys would enjoy that.

2 Comments:

At 7:33 PM, Blogger Kris with a K said...

Gosh, Kenny, thanks for the compliments! I appreciate being called "hilarious," since that fits so stinking well into my lifelong quest to be not only liked by, but also thought of as the funniest-and-wittiest-person-EVAH, by pretty much every other human on the planet. But really, adding 'irrepressible' is just icing on the cake! People have tried to suppress me in the past, but they quickly learned it was only to their own detriment.

 
At 9:09 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

zhengjx20160418
michael kors outlet clearance
louis vuitton
christian louboutin shoes
air jordan femme
air jordan 4
ralph lauren
juicy couture
michael kors outlet
michael kors bags
longchamp outlet
michael kors outlet clearance
louis vuitton outlet
michael kors outlet clearance
fitflops
coach factorty outlet
toms
coach outlet
kd 8
hollister clothing
air jordan shoes
coach factory outlet online
jordan retro 8
louis vuitton purses
nike air max uk
timberlands
abercrombie outlet
ray ban sunglasses outlet
cheap ray ban sunglasses
nfl jerseys
tory burch shoes
louis vuitton handbags
michael kors outlet
toms outlet
michael kors outlet
nike store uk
true religion jeans
ralph lauren sale
nike roshe run
giuseppe zanotti outlet
louis vuitton outlet stores

 

Post a Comment

<< Home