Monday, September 29, 2008

At Least It Isn't "For The Good Times" Dept

Popular funeral songs in Australia these days? How about "Highway to Hell," "Another One Bites the Dust," or "Ding Dong the Witch Is Dead"?

The title of the post, by the way, refers to a funeral my dad once preached, in which one of the dead dude's multiple mistresses -- they all got along reasonably well with each other and with his wife, as I recall -- sang the late lamented's favorite song, "For the Good Times"...much to the horror of my rather visually-oriented mother. You will, of course, remember that that chorus begins:

Lay your head upon my pillow
Hold your warm and tender body close to mine...


Given the context, my mom found those lyrics, shall we say, a mite jarring.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home