Thursday, January 31, 2008

What Do You Think? Strikes Again Dept

What did you think about the State of the Union Address? I have to agree with Adam Leatham, Crossing Guard:

"He's right. No one can deny the results of No Child Left Behind, because thanks to the program, no one has any basic reasoning skills."

(For readers new to the blog, among the many ways in which Shrub -- i.e., the Little Bush, to steal Molly Ivins's untoppable nickname for Dubya -- annoys the heck out of me, the indefensible No Child Left Behind program is very near the top of the list.)

By the way, why would any Republican vote for John McCain for President? If it's McCain versus Obama, I'm voting for Obama. I mean, if you're going to elect a Democrat, wouldn't you generally prefer to get one from the Democratic Party? I'm not a Republican myself and don't have any particular objection to watching those of you who are make fools of yourselves, but why would any Republican want to be governed by Democratic policies whose failures were guaranteed to be blamed on the Republican Party? If you don't believe the ideas and policies of the Democratic Party are a bad idea, why are you a Republican? If you do, why would you vote for McCain?

I'm seriously befuddled here, by the way, not just goofing off. McCain would make sense to me as a challenger of Obama and Hillary for the Democratic nomination. But I can't for the life of me figure out what Republicans see in him.

1 Comments:

At 6:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess once I saw Ron Paul was a candidate, I quit paying attention to the others. Not a good plan, I guess.

Now that I've seen your post, I've started to find anti-McCain articles and satire all over the place. Here's an example:

http://scottott.townhall.com/g/f5bf0f07-bfa6-4aaf-b5c3-18479a8b07e2

 

Post a Comment

<< Home