Saturday, January 26, 2008

The Official Peril Married Couple of the Year

Before we get to the main story here, let me quickly point out that one has to wonder about the objectivity of the reporting when one sees that Mike Smith is reporting that Mike Smith has learned that Mike Smith may get the Falcons head-coaching job. I regret to say that I got this link from the unfortunately-monikered Aaron Schatz, rather than from yet a fourth Mike Smith.

Now, without further ado, here is my favorite married couple of the year. I could have sworn I blogged this a few months ago but apparently I didn't. Bob Hayden is, clearly, the kind of guy you like to have around. But check out his wife Katie, who, as her 65-year-old husband put the beat-down on a couple of guys who went crazy on an airplane flight, calmly kept reading her book. Her final quote is so priceless I can't stand to make you wait until you've gone and read the link:

"The woman sitting in front of us was very upset and asked me how I could just sit there reading," Katie Hayden said. "Bob's been shot at. He's been stabbed. He's taken knives away. He knows how to handle those situations. I figured he would go up there and step on somebody's neck, and that would be the end of it. I knew how that situation would end. I didn't know how the book would end."
And there you have it, folks: the Official Redneck Peril Married Couple of the Year.

2 Comments:

At 8:34 PM, Blogger Bob's Blog said...

This is a wonderful story. I have linked to your post.

 
At 7:00 AM, Blogger Webutante said...

Terrific, and thanks to Bob I'll start reading your blog!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home