Saturday, June 23, 2007

Requiescat in pace, Giovanni

I'm going to be out of pocket for the next couple of days, going to a funeral up in Oklahoma. My brother-in-law's father finally lost a long battle, one of those where you almost feel relieved for his sake. But when Mike and Stephanie got home from the hospital they discovered that the kitchen ceiling had collapsed and the kitchen cabinets had fallen off the wall, with all their dishes inside 'em. My father, who is a just-retired Disciples of Christ minister, has been asked to deliver the eulogy at Giovanni's otherwise thoroughly Roman Catholic farewell...

Let's just say I think I have some family members who need all the support they can get.

It's a bit iffy on the money...Perficient has yet again failed to get paychecks to me on time (this is, like, four times in the past three months), so that while a check for over $10,000 (covering several invoices heretofore left unpaid) is supposedly in the mail, we've only got a few hundred dollars in cash to get by on until the check clears on (given past experience) next Wednesday -- and that's presuming that Wells Fargo doesn't choose, as it often does, to drop a five-day hold on the check. Man, I gotta get clear of those guys (Perficient, I mean, not Wells Fargo).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home