Monday, June 11, 2007

"Top This One If You Can" Dept

The version you'd probably get from me: "Jim Thompson is a dim bulb."

The version you get from Mark Steyn:

Prosecutor Cramer's contention that the Skimmer was "kept in the dark" is only true in the sense that no matter how many lights you switch on for Jim Thompson, how many chandeliers you dangle in front of his eyeballs, how many sconces you mount on his forehead, how many follow-spots you shine across the relevant agenda items, in the dinginess of the Governor's self-serving testimony it's endless night.


Which is why Steyn gets paid lots more than I do.

2 Comments:

At 8:40 AM, Blogger Jim r said...

I wouldn't call him a dim bulb. He is as bright as they come. He is just following all the other Repub talking points between "I don't remember" and "I don't racall".

He is definatly a crook though. Remember he was gov of my state.

 
At 7:56 PM, Blogger Ken Pierce said...

Jim,

[chuckling] I'd forgotten that you were one of the ol' boy's constituents.

In this particular case he's not functioning as a politician, but as a witness in Patrick Fitzgerald's ridiculous (it appears from my seat) prosecution of Conrad Black. I certainly agree, however, that Thompson's experience as a politician was excellent training for his current role as an exceptionally conveniently forgetful witness for the prosecution (in exchange for his not getting personally beat upon by the SEC).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home