Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Pierce kid pictures: Kasia and Kinya

I talk about my kids a lot but I'm not much for photographs. A few days ago, though, Dessie got a hankerin' for a new round of family photos. So here are pictures of each of my kids (spread across several posts -- each of which has this exact same opening paragaph -- due to Blogger's five-photos-per-post limit).

Kasia (that's pronounced "KAH-sha," and is a Polish name, not a Russian one -- it was going to be Katarzyna Krystyna but then we remembered she would have to be able to spell her own name by third grade at the latest, and so we took pity on her and just named her the Polish for "Kate")

[sigh] The Princess got her driver's license two days ago...and I still remember when they put her in my arms for the first time I was overcome by a completely unexpected and fierce surge of protectedness and thought -- I swear -- "God help the first boy who tries to date her."



I like this shot of Kasia and Sean together.



Kinya (that's pronounced "KEEN-ya," and is our family diminutive for "Kristina," a name that reflects the paternal German side of Kinya's ethnic heritage)

This one shows how pretty Kinya can be when she chooses to...



...but this is a much more characteristically ornery (in the best and most good-natured of senses) pose.



Next: Kegan and Merry -- just because I figure Sean and Kegan would find it refreshing not to be thrown in together for once.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home