Tuesday, October 04, 2005

A reputation defended

This blog, several days ago, posted this picture, which had been sent to me about ten times during the half-hour before I posted it, and which I and most other Texans found highly amusing.

I am now informed by one George, who claims to be the owner of the store, that he is not, in fact, stupid, and that he had a perfectly good reason for putting the plywood on the inside rather than the outside. Considering that this blog is not exactly a high-traffic blog and probably doesn't rank high on Google searches, I have to feel that George must be spending a lot of his time fighting the idea that he is stupid. Therefore I am officially going on record as saying that the picture is intended as a visual gag, not as a serious criticism or as a valid proxy for estimating the quality and value of an Aggie education; and I am happy to publish George's own explanation from my comments section:

A friend brought this to my attention as the owner of this shop.

It was already windy outside after we arrived from Home Depot to buy these plywoods. It was too dangerous to go out and since our main concern was protect the store from looters, I think I made the right decision.


So there you go.

George, if you're listening: I don't think anybody I've shown this picture to, genuinely thinks you don't know which side of the window the boards are supposed to go on. Please don't fret over it.

Unless, of course, you're not really George-the-owner-of-the-store but are instead just an anonymous commenter being silly.

1 Comments:

At 12:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

According to snopes.com, it was because "the store's windows could not support exterior-mounted plywood, so the boards were placed inside to protect the shop floor from glass shards."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home