Tuesday, February 01, 2011

There's so much to enjoy in this ultra-realistic action scene...

...that I hardly know where to begin. I think my favorite part is the part where he and his horse slide under the flatbed trailer rather than jumping it. But Dave makes a good case for the "spontaneously leaping jeeps." (And I like the commenter who said something like, "I only snickered once or twice...but each time I snickered it lasted for several minutes.")

For the benefit of my non-Indian friends I should make it clear that the actors and directors and scriptwriters of this film know perfectly well that it's all very stupid and unrealistic. It's part of the genre and part of the fun. I mean, what, you're going to tell me you, my Gentle American Reader, didn't enjoy Independence Day or Tremors? Or that classic, inspired bit of comic genius (I am not being in the least sarcastic) The Emperor's New Groove? It takes a ton of creative intelligence to come up with the idea of a guy sliding under a flatbed trailer...on horseback. Be serious, would you have ever thought of that? That's what I thought.

So sit back and enjoy...Chiranjeevi in Alluda Majaka.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home