Friday, September 18, 2009

Gotta raise some money

I can't really say why, but I have to come up with $10,000 in the next ten days and another $10,000 by the end of October. I get a big chunk of my income in March in the form of annual bonus; so I'm not in need of permanent contributions -- just money I can borrow, at, say, 4% annual interest, until, say, 1 April. Make it 2 April just so that you won't think I'm April-foolin' you.

If any of you Gentle Readers feels called upon to help out, I'd appreciate it very much. For the rest of you, please pray that God will honor His promise in Philippians 4:19, which so far as I know has not yet been repealed.

Thanks,

Kenny

4 Comments:

At 7:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Someone actually gave 3500? What are you doing, training to be a televangelist, or are you in deep with the mob? I dont think Phl, 4:19 applies to blog fundraising when you "can't say why."
What a loser.

 
At 4:47 AM, Blogger Ken Pierce said...

Well, those would be people who know me personally, and know my character -- which is really the only people I expect to be reading this blog.

[chuckling resignedly] I certainly don't expect the casual passer-by to loan me money -- I don't expect casual passers-by on this blog, to be honest, as I don't go to any effort to increase traffic. But if you could spare a couple of minutes to pray about it, I'd appreciate it. After all, you can simply pray something like this:

"Lord, you know this guy's situation. If he really does need the money and isn't running a scam, then please provide it. Otherwise, screw him."

I can't, after all, scam God.

(If it will relieve your mind, I certainly have no plans to be a televangelist and do not owe any money to the mob.)

 
At 4:53 AM, Blogger Ken Pierce said...

Just to be clear, by "pray about it," I don't mean, "pray about whether God wants you to give Kenny money." I just mean, "pray that God will provide for Kenny's needs if, and as, He sees fit."

 
At 1:21 PM, Blogger Cornelius said...

Ken,
I just happened to find your blog. Being an adoptive parent I understand the need for fundraising-no matter what the need. I'm sorry some people can't relate, but I do. God be with you as HE helps you with all of your needs.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home