Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Pay the man, Shirley

A Houston Chronicle columnist (Norman Chad, I think his name is?), having seen one too many beer commercials during the young NBA playoff season, ruminates thusly:

"If Budweiser is the Great American Lager, then America needs to rethink lager."

This reminds me of my friend Rich Pedersen, whose father, in inculcating social virtue into his son, used to tell Rich, "Whenever you're hosting a party, you always have to make sure you have plenty of Coors Light available...for those of your guests who don't drink beer."

And that further reminds me of a Norwegian friend of mine who once, over dinner in London, asked me if I knew why American beer is like sex on the beach. Unfortunately, this being a family-friendly blog, I can't tell you what his answer was. But I can tell you that he really does not like American beer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home