Wednesday, April 23, 2008

I-Swear-It's-True Pointy-Haired Boss Story Dept

Could've sworn I already blogged this but if so I can't find it.

A good friend of mine, for medical reasons into which I have been careful never to inquire, found it medically necessary to be circumcised in his mid-30's, which is (a) no fun and (b) knocks one well and truly out of action for a few days. So he sends in notification that he's taking a week's medical leave of absence.

Shortly thereafter his supervisor, whom my friend already knew to be the primary inspiration for Dilbert's pointy-haired boss, calls him into the office. "So, what's up?"

My friend is trying to be discreet. "I just need to take a week to have a minor procedure done."

"Really? What's the problem?"

"Oh, I just have some minor surgery."

"Bummer. What kind of surgery is it?"

This cat-and-mouse game goes on until my friend finally gives up. "Well, actually, I'm getting circumcised."

The boss's reaction is about what you'd expect from any male having that bit of news sprung on him -- the widening of eyes, the sharp intake of breath, the sympathetic "Ooooo…" Then a silver lining occurs to him and he brightens up, and points out cheerfully:

"You know, I hear they can reverse that nowadays."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home