Monday, April 28, 2008

Bad news, good news

The good news: Natasha finally found my Japanese grammar book last week, so that I could get to work learning Japanese in order to start speaking it to Sean and Kegan (who are in the Japanese Club at school). So I joyously read up the basic grammar rules and then started listening to the tapes on my way to work that morning.

The bad news: That very afternoon the hard drive died on my laptop, and I hadn't backed the Japanese CD's up from my hard drive to the network...and I can't find the CD's now. So my Japanese lessons lasted precisely one day.

The good news: Got to see the Met's out-of-this-world production of La Fille de Regiment last Sunday in HD at a local movie theatre.

The bad news: I don't have time to write the 2,000-word low-budget review rave of a blog post that the production deserved.

The good news: In the you-don't-see-that-every-day department, I ran across three cars parked side-by-side in a Sugar Land parking lot: the one on the left had a Hawaii license plate, the one in the middle had a Texas license plate, and the one on the right had an Alaska license plate.

The better news: I got a picture of it.

The bad news: When I downloaded it to the laptop today in order to post it on the blog, I discovered that the glare from the sunlight made it impossible to read the license plates. So the picture's worthless. Bummer.

The divorce news: have instructed my lawyer to file a motion asking the court to go ahead and appoint a lawyer for the children now rather than waiting until 28 July, which is the date to which the divorce hearing has been postponed.

Seems like I had several other things I wanted to post while my laptop was dead but I can't remember them now...which the candid Gentle Reader will no doubt place in the "good news" bin...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home