Sunday, August 26, 2007

Just to clarify

A friend of mine pointed out that it probably isn't a great idea to discuss my post-divorce dating options on the blog before actually getting divorced. This is a point well made and hereby taken; I'll cut it out.

I do hope it's been clear to everybody that my point hasn't been that I've been trying to figure out what my post-divorce dating options are -- I realized the other day, upon someone's suggesting that I draw up a "specifications document" for the benefit of matchmakers (that, by the way, is consultant-slash-programmer humor), that not only do I have no idea what I would say when asked to describe what kind of woman I'd want to date, but I don't even want to think about it.

But I think it's pretty funny -- if, that is, you're the kind of person whose disposition is to laugh at the foibles of human nature rather than to curse them -- that other people are already very interested, albeit for a rather wide variety of reasons, in my post-divorce dating prospects even though I myself am not. So, as is my wont, I've been sharing my amusement on the blog...but I think in retrospect that, while this particular human foible certainly needs to be laughed at, somebody else besides me needs to take the lead for now. So, we'll consider that subject dropped for the time being.

1 Comments:

At 1:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

good plan Kenny, especially because the ink isn't dry yet ;) And besides the ink may never be dry - God has been known to breathe life into "dry bones" before, and last I heard, He's still in the miracle business ... it ain't until it's over.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home