Saturday, July 21, 2007

Nice timing

Moved out of the house last night -- Dessie had taken all the kids to her mother's house in Fredericksburg while I was at work; so I didn't even get to say good-bye. In fact I haven't seen Kinya and Sean and Merry at all yet since before their mom's decision; they were already in Fredericksburg. Kind of a bleak evening packing up in the silence. Even the dog was somewhere else...which just goes to show there's a silver lining in every cloud, I suppose.

Telling the kids wasn't much fun, either. I'll respect their privacy and not give you their reactions.

So I was grateful that the appointed Psalms for this morning were the 20th and 22nd. I needed that. And it reminded me of a thirty- or forty-year-old Bill and Gloria Gaither song I hadn't thought of in years. Took me a while to recall the words even of one verse, but it came back eventually...

When you've knelt beside the rubble
Of an aching, broken heart
When the things you've built your life on fell apart
You're not the first to be acquainted
With sorrow, grief or pain
But the Master promises sunshine after the rain

Hold on, My child,
Joy comes in the morning
Weeping only lasts for the night
Hold on, My child,
Joy comes in the morning
The darkest hour means dawn is just in sight...

4 Comments:

At 3:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Psalm 37: 3-7a; 23-24. Trust in the Lord and do good; dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture. Delight yourself in the Lord and He will do this: He will make your righteousness shine like the dawn, the justice of your cause like the noonday sun. BE STILL before the Lord and wait patiently for Him.

If the Lord delights in a man's way, He makes his steps firm; thought he may stumble, he will not fall, for the Lord upholds him with His hand.

 
At 10:42 PM, Blogger Ken Pierce said...

[chuckling ruefully] I'd feel a lot happier if I had confidence that the Lord has been delighting in my way recently...

 
At 9:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

well ... He delights in a man's way when the man chooses to know God, and then to know Him better - the stumbling part is something we all do -- it's a good thing He remembers we are dust!! He won't let you fall, now will He? Don't have confidence in YOUR recent ways - have confidence in the Lord unending LOVE and faithfulness to those called HIS!

 
At 7:55 PM, Blogger Ghost Dansing said...

So Kenny.... when are you going to BLOG some more?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home