Friday, August 10, 2007

Is the Princess dating a mind-reader?

Kasia called a couple of days ago very excited and very pleased with me, because:

1. Although she doesn't read the block much, Sanjaya David apparently does. (In passing: top o' the mornin' to you, David. And, nice hair, by the way.)

Having ensured that the next call I get from Kasia may very well be, um, excited, but most certainly will not be pleased, I now proceed with the rest of my explanation:

2. From David's reading of the blog, Kasia has somehow come to the realization that I intend, if I can manage it, to get another car into Dessie's and the kids' hands, which, since the Princess is the only with a driver's license, pretty much leaves no doubt about whose hand will spend most of the time gripping the steering wheel.

Now this is very impressive because I don't remember mentioning that fact on the blog, and I just went back and re-read the post-divorce-announcement posts and I swear it isn't there. So apparently my daughter is dating a psychic?

And, um, is that a good thing? These days you don't want your daughter to be going out with a young Mel Gibson wannabe, given the fact that Mel's not-quite-sane turn in the Lethal Weapon movies turns out to have been better casting than acting. (Mel Gibson appears in this post as a mind-reading psychic courtesy of the crappy movie What Women Want, a point I feel I have make explicit as a courtesy to my long-suffering readers, because I don't personally know anybody other than myself who was silly enough to waste the two hours on that flick and therefore can't expect you guys to catch the allusion on your own.)

P.S. David's actually a very nice young man, as far as I can tell; so I find myself relieved by my daughter's taste. I haven't yet felt the need to actually take out my horsewhip and carry it around ostentatiously in his presence.

Having now ensured that the second call from Kasia will also not be a pleased call, I think I'll go to bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home