Wednesday, August 02, 2006

"New Gospels Apparently Being Found Every Day" Dept

My Nepalese friend Deepak, who sits in the cubicle across the aisle from me, was getting a lesson in Western culture a little while ago. I wasn't paying terribly close attention, but then it registers that our co-worker is saying to Deepak, "You mean you don't know about the miracle of the loaves and fishes?" So I tuned in just in time to hear her say, "Well, Jesus had to feed these people and he only had five thousand fish..."

The miracle is that those two people managed to eat it all at one sitting...

[grinning] I'm leaving my co-worker anonymous so as not to embarrass her, but I don't want anyone to think she really didn't know the story -- just an amusing spoonerism.

Speaking of Deepak, at some point I'll have to tell him that every time he mentions the name of his home town Kathmandu (the th is pronounced roughly like t in this case), I automatically think, "...whatever Kathwomanwant." Very distracting. He needs to pick a different hometown with a name less likely to inspire bad puns...you know, something innocent. I hear Thailand is nice. Maybe he could say he's from Bangkok.

1 Comments:

At 10:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe we're really are getting closer to the end of the world... :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home