Thursday, March 30, 2006

Stuff I saw

I loved this military recruiter's reminiscences.

This guy has thought much more about illegal (Mexican) immigration than I have, but he sounds like a kindred spirit -- if I had thought about it, there's a good chance I'd be sounding a whole lot like the Lizard.

Now, for a good ol' Dennis Miller-style rant (though not, alas, with Miller's deadly humor):

Ms. Young may write me down in her book of shame as somebody who absolutely believes that the child's interest should outweigh the biological dad's and certainly should outweigh any desire to see to it that men and women are treated "fairly," and that generally speaking a man who has the poor morals to sleep with women he's not married to and the poor judgment to sleep with women who are willing to try to hide from him the fact that he's fathered a child, is not likely to make that great a dad. And that's especially true if the dad is selfish enough to demand his own right to take a two- or three-year-old child away from the only parents the child has ever known -- no man who is willing to do that to a child, has any business being the parent of a child. You don't want to father a child and not find out about it until the child's been adopted and you can't raise him? Great -- have the good taste to sleep with women who will tell you if they get pregnant. If you're too stupid to pull that one off, then you're nowhere near smart enough to raise a kid.

But that's just my opinion. I could be wrong.

(Um, fair disclosure, though I can't imagine that anybody reading this doesn't already know it...I've adopted four children, and fathered four others; but my wife has always been careful to tell me when she was pregnant.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home