Friday, July 01, 2005

"Um, Thanks, Pumpkin" Dept

My fellow adoptive dad Jim has a young lady who loves ballet; her favorite TV show is "Angelina Ballerina," and if she's dancing, she's happy.

So a couple of days ago Jim passes the following story on to several of us:

------
Yesterday my oldest daughter Elaina was asking me why I named her Elaina. I told her it was because we named her after her Grandmother Helen, and that her name means Light. I then told her she is the light of my life. When I think of her, I think of wonderful light.

Her response, when I think of you, I think of a ballerina.
------

Unfortunately, despite numerous requests, Jim has refused to provide us with pictures of himself in a pink tutu...

2 Comments:

At 9:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I should leave the comment my wife made after I told her what Elaina said. "Take that as a compliment". I do by the way.

Also, in response to me in a tutu -The image of me in a tutu is not a pretty one. Me and ballet have about as much in common as chickens and flying. My dance rhythm is more like random fits then a smooth operator.

 
At 8:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jimraff... I'm not at all sure what you really look like, but picturing a generic Daddy type guy in a tutu... even with tears in my eye from another issue, still brings a smile to my face and a chuckle to my sad heart. SO... it's a prettier image than you think, if it brings warm bubbles of laughter!!! Embrace it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home