Thursday, June 30, 2005

"You Get What You Pay For" Dept

So Adam is wandering around the Garden of Eden one fine day, and God happens by. "Yo, Adam, whassup?"

"Hey, there, God."

"Hm, you seem a bit depressed. Something on your mind?"

"Well, you know, God, this Garden is a nice place and all, and the skinny-dipping is certainly refreshing, but...well, I'm lonely. When You're not around, there's just nobody to talk to. And I've been giving it some thought, and I have an idea."

God strokes His chin with interest. "Well, let's hear it."

"Whaddaya say You make another person -- like me, but not exactly like me 'cause that would be boring. You could make 'em smart and pretty and charming..." God is nodding encouragingly, and Adam is really starting to warm to his topic. "I'd like for them to always be reasonable and willing to admit it whenever they're wrong and willing to forgive me whenever I mess up, and I want them to realize that I'm brilliant and handsome and perfect, and I want them to provide lots of good advice but still never be all gripy or whiny, and just generally I want them to fill up all the holes and help make my life everything it ought to be...can You do that for me, God?"

God smiles, "Sure, I can do that for you...but it'll cost you an arm and a leg..."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home