Saturday, September 10, 2011

And you thought Ron White was kidding

It's a bad thing when cops are both incompetent and armed -- the wrong people die. "What is notable is that, as nytimes.com reports, eight officers firing 73 bullets at one shooter managed to hit him only twice." (HT: Insty.)

I'm irresistibly reminded of Ron White's rant about the incompetence of Los Angeles police officers (the following is profanity-edited for family blogging purposes):
...they're some of the worst shots I've ever seen in my life. I saw a shootout once live on TV that went on so long eventually the criminal got frustrated and just shot himself. And the cops are on TV whinin' about it, too; they're like, "He's got on body armor, he's got on body armor." I'm watchin' it live on CNN, goin', "I can see his head. Shoot him in the head!"...[Later, talking about the Kehoe brothers] These guys have a shootout with the police at point-blank range -- nobody gets hurt. I would love to have been at the [police] office the next day when that guy's being interviewed by the police: "And then what happened?"

"Well, at that point I unloaded my semi-automatic nine-millimeter weapon at point-blank range."

"And then what happened?"

"They left."

Nice shootin', Elmer Fudd. There was a kid in Michigan three years ago, shot eight bullets, hit nine people. These cops shot 22 bullets, didn't even hit the [censored] Suburban.


But at least, unlike the New York imbeciles, they didn't kill an innocent bystander.