Wednesday, April 20, 2011

A year ago yesterday...

...eHarmony told me, "Hey, there's this girl named Helen that we think you might really like to meet. Very cute, as you can see from her picture. And very sweet, too. Oh, by the way...she lives in Shanghai..."

I haven't been blogging much this last month or so, obviously. For one thing, I can't blog when I'm in China because the People's Republic blocks access to blogspot. And since I got back, on the 7th, along with my now-permanent-US-resident wife and son, there's been a massive amount to do getting everybody settled in.

But thank you for all your prayers, and do please keep praying because of course Helen and Kai are undergoing some massive culture shock at the moment. They're both holding up very well, and I'm very proud of them for handling things so well; but it's still not an easy thing by any means. So keep praying.

3 Comments:

At 12:37 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Okay, I think I can name everybody (excepting which twin is which):
Sean/Keagan, Sally, Merry, Helen, your Mom with Kai, then your dad, Kenny, the other of Sean/Keagan, but that big guy in the green shirt can't... possibly... be Rusty, can it????

 
At 9:56 AM, Blogger Ken Pierce said...

It is indeed Rusty, staggering as that may seem. He's gone and grown up on me. Very remarkably emotionally mature and responsible, as well. I'm just inordinately proud of him. Don't tell him, though...

 
At 9:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rusty looks like his grandpa... ;)

Nice pix.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home