Thursday, June 25, 2009

A Question That Can't Possibly End Well Dept

So I'm sitting in a teleconference demo where a software vendor is trying to show off her shiny new accounting software, and we get to the Q&A period. I'm already thinking I've seen about all that's going to be helpful and that I should probably sneak out and find something useful to do, when the disembodied voice of some accountant from some other company begins a question thusly:

"So let's say you're keeping two sets of books..."

So I went ahead and left without hearing the rest of the question, because, really, how is any accountant going to finish a sentence that starts like that without putting everybody else present in legal jeopardy? "So let's say you're keeping two sets of books -- how can we use your software to keep the auditors from finding out?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home