Friday, October 19, 2007

A look back at my kids, six years ago

Many years ago my family got to go to England with me on an extended business trip that lasted three months. One weekend we went, along with a friend of ours who (though it didn't really impinge upon my conscious notice at the time) was armed with a video camera, to Stonehenge and then (after a period of deliberation in the Stonehenge parking lot about what we could do given the weather that had turned out far colder than we had expected) on to Tintagel on the Cornish coast. A couple of weeks later, to my astonishment and inexpressible delight, Alden handed over a CD with this five-minute video of my kids from back before they went into the psychologically destructive house of horrors that is American public school, and therefore were a constant bubbling source of irrepressible joy.

Not that I have anything against public schools or anything...

Anyway, here are Kasia (with a noticably Anglicised accent), Sean (usually in yellow), Kegan (usually in red), and Merry (than whom you are unlikely ever to have seen a cuter kid), making their way around southwestern England and Cornwall, along with their mom and a father who notoriously was constantly explaining things (hence all the pompous gesticulation).

I think my favorite part, by the way, is how excited Sean gets when he thinks he has finally, after a month of trying and being ignored, successfully hailed a black cab.

UPDATE: Okay, this doesn't seem to work. Very disappointing; it was my first try at using Blogger's purported facility for uploading videos to one's blog. I'll see if I can figure out what's wrong and try again later.

UPDATED UPDATE: Okay, got it onto YouTube, and here we go...

4 Comments:

At 11:03 PM, Blogger Jackietex said...

I can't see anything but a red X. Bummer. I was just thinking about your stay in England two days ago!

 
At 1:04 AM, Blogger Jackietex said...

Thank you for fixing the video. I enjoyed it the first time, long ago, although I found it much more poignant this time around. I hope you're doing okay.

 
At 12:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

very nice Kenny, you have a beautiful family!

 
At 1:08 AM, Blogger Alexandra said...

Well that had me in floods of tears Kenny. Being a mother, I don't even begin to know how you feel right now!

God bless you and keep you strong my dear friend.
Thinking of you, and your darling children.
Your friend always,
Alexandra

 

Post a Comment

<< Home