Thursday, May 10, 2007

Pearls from the Princess

There's a big whiteboard up in our kitchen, and no child is allowed to leave the house without writing under his name (a) where he's going and (b) when he's going to get back. The kids have to do this even though they also have to get permission to go and therefore have presumably told me where they're going -- because how am I supposed to remember which of the boys has gone to Jeremy's house and which to Taylor's, etc.? At any rate, Bad Things ensue if either of those pieces of information turn out to be inaccurate.

So a couple of days ago the following appears on the board under Kasia's name:

I've gone off to try to find myself. If I happen to show up before I get back, please ask me to wait.
As a bonus, here's an original joke that I thought the Princess made up, but she says I made up, as we were having a flippant conversation about suicide bombers (odd conversations between the Princess and myself are not uncommon):

Did you hear about the Aggie who applied for a job as a suicide bomber, and on his resume he bragged about how much experience he had?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home