Thursday, April 26, 2007

At Least He Wasn't At A Funeral Dept

Though, come to think of it, if he had been at a funeral, at least he couldn't have offended the corpse.

UPDATE: It's actually a comedy sketch, not a real talk show, which takes most of the fun out it but we're all about integrity here at the Peril. The sketch is from the Belgian comedy show In de Gloria. I did, actually, check the urban myth sites before I did the original post, but I guess I was too far ahead of the curve (and at least I'm no more gullible than Jay Leno). Also, as I very strongly suspected, the first set of subtitles is indeed a What's Up, Tiger Lily?, which means that it was a fake set of subtitles superimposed upon a fake talk show. What you guys don't realize is that it goes even deeper than that -- what you're reading right now is actually a fake blog entry. At any rate, I have found a version that has subtitles that I believe are accurate, and it is appended at the bottom of the post now. [update ends]

Now, I have two versions, and you should certainly watch the first one before reading on to the rest of the item and watching the second, subtitled version. Here's the version I originally saw, in un-subtitled Dutch that I didn't have a prayer of understanding -- but I still laughed until I cried.



Did you watch it? I'm serious, no fair skipping ahead. Go back and watch the first one if you didn't. No cheating.

Now that you're back:

If you don't know Dutch any better than I do, don't worry about it; as you have already seen, you don't need to know what they're saying in order to get a kick out of the video. But now here's a bonus: I've located a copy with English subtitling.

Now let me just remind you of something: I don't know Dutch. So for all I know the actual subject matter is something entirely different from what the subtitles pretend it is, and the guy who did the subtitles is pulling a What's Up, Tiger Lily on us. But if the subtitles are genuine, then this is the most extreme version I've ever seen of the typical male's instinctive reaction to a blooper video in which some guy gets nailed in the privates.

So, I now present to you the subtitled version.



UPDATE: And here, as promised, are more accurate subtitles.

1 Comments:

At 12:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gosh this is so funny, I was surfing and found your blog. Very funny!

-Higro
higro@hotmail.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home