Thursday, July 27, 2006

An Open Letter To The Nominally Honorable Michael T. McCaul (my House Representative in Washington)

I am deeply disappointed to find that you voted against all 19 of Jeff Flake's anti-pork amendments. I will bear that in mind in future primary and general election votes, and my doing so will most certainly not redound to your benefit.

If I wished to be represented in Congress by a gentleman who was actively engaged in trying to perpetuate a system by which the taxpaying voter could be fleeced with a minimum of personal accountability for the individual Congressmen participating in the fleecing, why wouldn't I just save time and vote for a Democrat? Or am I to conclude that Mr. Dean and the Honorable Ms. Pelosi are correct in claiming that it is the Republican Party, not the Democratic, that coddles the culture of corruption?

Yours sincerely, respectfully, but, in light of your votes on this issue, emphatically disapprovingly,

Ken Pierce

--

How does your Representative vote when it comes to PorkBusting? Check his record at The Club For Growth.

RoboRant has done the homework on McCaul, saving me the trouble. Being myself also "more of a libertarian than a Republican," I would imagine I'm pretty much right in RoboRant's camp.

Bring on a primary challenger!

2 Comments:

At 2:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

District 10 has a REAL choice this year. Michael Badnarik has been running an active campaign since July of 2005. He's been touting himself on the campaign trail as a "Ron Paul with attitude"! Stay tuned at www.badnarik.org.

 
At 12:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also linked over from a google search on McCaul. Thanks for the info. That's good to know, but a cryin' shame. Oh well, Katy, TX bit the dust when the Mills Corp. built that eyesore of mall.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home