Monday, April 17, 2006

If you have time to talk about me...

...then doesn't it seem like you have too much time on your hands? (To be fair, they didn't talk about me for very long so there is still hope that they are leading productive lives...)

At any rate, my friend Deepak said something about how I had somebody from Africa reading my blog. When I asked how he knew this, he proceeded to show me that this SiteMeter thing that I added to the blog a long time ago and hadn't paid any attention to since, actually will show you all kinds of interesting (albeit useless) stats about your site visitors. So I've had fun over the weekend playing with it a bit.

At any rate, if somebody comes to the blog because they clicked on a link someplace else, you can follow back to where they came from. So, I saw a reference to a blog I didn't recognize, thought "Huh?" and followed the link...and discovered myself to be the topic of a conversation that said basically, "Yeah, I thought this guy was pretty smart but then I figured out that he's actually an idiot." Very interesting experience.

What I'm particularly interested in is the statement, "Yeah, his site is pretty scary." I don't really think I was supposed to start laughing, but...scary? Maybe it was the picture of caged Serbian women...

And why do I get the feeling that, "He is almost definitely the smartest evangelical I have ever communicated with," is not really all that much of a compliment? [grinning]

1 Comments:

At 4:10 PM, Blogger Solomon Grundy said...

Heh. Caught red-handed.

I just replied here and you are more than welcome to reply there.

I appreciated your kind words in your initial comment, incidentally.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home