Wednesday, December 07, 2011

Yeah, what that Steyn guy said

So it comes to this: our three choices for Leader of the Free World next year will be:

1. Barack Obama.

2. Mitt Romney, who appears to have only two real convictions: (1) He wants to be President about ten times worse than Romeo wanted to shtup Juliet, and (2) Romneycare was a brilliant idea, genius I say! On any other subject, so far as I can tell, he will say what the polls tell him he has to say in order to be elected. Of all the hills to die on, the one place he can find to say, "Here I stand, I can do no other" is...Romneycare? God help us all.

3. And there there is Newt Gingrich -- who is, so far as I can tell, actually suffering from psychological pathology. God help us all, I say again. Mark Steyn thought he was writing Newt's political obituary way back in 1998, and I can't say it better than Steyn. But apparently somebody forgot to...well, hang on, I don't want to inspire violence by inappropriate political metaphor. Let's just say that Political Zombie Newt turns out to have been harder to destroy than expected, and the free world is worse off because of it.

(sigh) Is it still too late to get Paul Ryan or Marco Rubio to reconsider?

Really, the Republican Party is too stupid to live.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home