Monday, July 25, 2011

Now THAT's an invocation

Thanks to Alden Cruz for this awesome videoclip, which, I feel compelled to warn my Liberal General Readers, includes a preacher with a deep Southern accent and Baptist intonations, and NASCAR. But at least no deer get shot in the clip; so you might be able to make it all the way to the end...

I note that there were people in the YouTube comments who considered it blasphemous. Nonsense. If you can't thank God for the things that bring joy to your life -- which, I can testify personally, a smokin' hot wife most certainly does -- then you aren't a Christian at all; and as far as maintaining a "reverent tone"...well, the guy I'm supposed to spend my life imitating spend a lot of time outraging the "reverent" sensibilities of His time's religious leaders, and taught us to address the Almighty God as "Daddy." So to be quite blunt about it, you will have to search far and wide to find a more thoroughly and admirably Christian prayer than this one. Pray on, Brother Joe!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home