Tuesday, October 05, 2010

Back in the USA as a married man, but alas still months from bringing my bride home

I am a VERY happily married man. Also a very tired one. (From TRAVELLING, I mean...just spent more than twenty hours coming home from China.) I apologize for not keeping you guys up to date but blogspot is blocked in China, as (apparently) is Facebook.

Helen is putting up wedding and honeymoon-trip pictures here, but I should warn you to be sure to click on the pictures because what look like photos are actually the links into entire photo albums.

Will pass on one funny thing...we went to church while on the honeymoon at Qiandaohu ("Thousand-Island Lake"). After church we went into the small room that serves as their bookstore and bought several books from them...well, Helen did, at least. I just looked at the posters on the wall, and at first glance very much liked one that had I Corinthians 13 in Chinese and then below it in English. But then I looked closer and discovered that the person who did the English bit, didn't realize that r and n are different letters...so he simply used a script n for both. Alas, as every good Baptist Sunday School student knows, very early in St. Paul's listing of the characteristics of love, he observes that "Love is not rude..."

So much for honeymoons, I guess.

3 Comments:

At 2:20 AM, Blogger Jackietex said...

Congratulations and wishing you all much happiness!

 
At 8:34 PM, Blogger Tom Foolery said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 9:05 PM, Blogger Tom Foolery said...

Wishing you the best. Congratulations.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home