Saturday, June 12, 2010

The Wisdom of Wooden

ESPN recently ran an article with some of John Wooden's best quotes. I will respect copyright and not just steal them all, but you are hereby informed that I consider this a must-read.

Some of my very favorites:

  • If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?
  • If you're not making mistakes, then you're not doing anything. I'm positive that a doer makes mistakes.
  • Adversity is the state in which man mostly easily becomes acquainted with himself, being especially free of admirers then.
  • Things turn out best for the people who make the best of the way things turn out.
  • You can't live a perfect day without doing something for someone who will never be able to repay you.
  • The main ingredient of stardom is the rest of the team.
And my personal favorite:
  • It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home