Sunday, May 09, 2010

I need to start learning Mandarin...

...and Helen is why. I'm serious about not blogging my dating life on my blog; so all I'm going to say is that this is one very remarkable, very delightful, very special lady...who, because apparently I can never do anything the easy way, lives in Shanghai. As in, you know, China. So now I have an account with a florist in Shanghai.

I have no idea where this will go, as the logistical problems alone are clearly somewhat daunting. But it's a privilege to know her even if that's as far as it ever goes.

That's all for now. Those of you who are in the habit of praying for me, can remember Helen every now and then in your prayers. Perhaps you'll get to meet her some day. If you do, I'm pretty sure you'll like her...though maybe not quite as much as I do. ;-)



UPDATE: Um...wow, that provoked rather more interest than I expected. By popular demand, a couple more pictures:



3 Comments:

At 8:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

with all due respect i would highly suggest that you take the money being spent on the flowers and gift them to nurgul.

you went through a tough divorce and so it is textbook that you would become enamoured with someone from a different culture who lives 7,600 miles away.

you are a big boy and you are in fantasy island...wake up and again, put your $ to better use.

 
At 12:44 PM, Blogger Ken Pierce said...

It's always a pleasure to receive well-meant advice, even when I'm too stubborn to take it (which, after all, has gotten me into trouble before)...so, thanks for the feedback there. [grinning] Mealy-mouthed punch-pulling that wasn't.

All the best, and thanks again.

 
At 7:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Say no to the stubborn ego and seriously consider following some excellent advice:

Make some effort to meet a nice gal from somewhere in the good ol' USA Ken...there are plenty of lovely women in TX and believe me, God has the perfect gal that he is preparing for you.

from a non mealy-mouthed acquaintance you have never met.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home