Thursday, July 30, 2009

A couple of jokes...

...in re the question of talking to your kids about sex.

The first one you have almost certainly heard; I first heard it myself before I was married and had kids of my own.

Little Susie comes home from kindergarten one day, and as soon as she walks in the door, she asks, "Hey, Mom, where did I come from?"

"Oh, no, already?" thinks her mom; but she takes a deep breath, sits down with her, and proceeds to go through the whole spiel. She gets to the end and says, "So, honey, did you understand all that?"

Susie's eyes are wide. "Wow..." she says slowly, "...I always thought I was from Tulsa."

But today I heard an interesting variation today that was new to me, which is why you're gettin' a blog post this evening.
Little Susie comes home from kindergarten one day, and as soon as she walks in the door, she asks, "Hey, Mom, where did I come from?"

"Oh, no, already?" thinks her mom; but she takes a deep breath...and punts. "God gave you to us, sweetie," she answers.

"Really?" says Susie. "God just decided you needed a baby, and He gave me to you and Daddy, kind of like a present?"

"Yep," says her mom with some relief, "that's about how it happened."

"Well, where did you come from?"

"The same thing, sweetheart: God gave me to Grandpa and Grandma."

"What about them? Did God give them to their parents, too?"

"Exactly."

Susie's eyes are wide. "Wow..." she says slowly, "...no wonder everybody's always so cranky around here -- it's been, like, a hundred years since anybody in this family got laid."

1 Comments:

At 2:11 PM, Anonymous Katina said...

ha ha, you made me chuckle today! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home