Thursday, June 19, 2008

Bummer for me, but congrats to her, I suppose

I had 7 Feb 2009 set aside on my calendar; that's when I was going to get to see Anna Netrebko sing the role of Lucia.

Then her fiancé -- by the way, how can anybody as pretty and talented as her go marry a guy named Erwin Schrott? Erwin Schrott?? I mean, seriously, I ask you, is there anybody on earth geeky enough to deserve the name "Erwin Schrott"?... Where was I? Oh, yes. Her fiancé had to go and get her pregnant, and now she's not going to sing the role.

[heavy sigh of self-pity] Well, congratulations to the both of 'em, I suppose.

(Just in case any of my readers don't realize it: the congratulations are serious; the self-pity is tongue-in-cheek. Not to insult anybody's intelligence; it's just that I've had more than my share of painful experiences in which somebody took seriously something the facetiousness of which I had presumed was obvious.)

And just to head off misunderstanding: the bummer for me is the fact that she's no longer going to sing Lucia, not the fact that she's no longer single.

3 Comments:

At 10:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Netrebko is not going to sing the first half of the Lucia's (the one's scheduled in the fall). The second half, in the winter, she will still sing.

http://www.metoperafamily.org/metopera/
season/production.aspx?id=9987

 
At 8:24 AM, Blogger Ken Pierce said...

Yee-haw! I appreciate the update.

Also I strongly suspect that I'm the first person to ever to respond the statement, "Netrebko is singing Lucia at the Met," with a hearty, "Yee-haw!"

 
At 11:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home