Tuesday, May 20, 2008

It's Dubya's fault

Kinya's cranky this morning...seems she's sore all over because she had to do the President's fitness test yesterday, which involved push-ups and running a mile, and which has resulted in her having had some highly unladylike things to say about the President's character and intelligence. The following conversation ensues in the car this morning, once she has explained why she is not her ordinary chipper self...

PAPA: Ah, the fitness test. Well, did you pass?

KINYA: I think so.

[Note: since Kinya is as healthy as a horse, is as energetic as a pink bunny, and has a build designed by God for running, my question had been purely rhetorical. Plus, knowing the test was coming up, I've been pumping steroids into her for the last month.]

PAPA: [chuckling] I'm sure you passed; you're a thoroughly healthy kid.

KINYA: [grimacing because she's not used to this sore muscle thing] I ran in my skirt...

[Several seconds of silence]

KINYA: I did okay, I came in first...

PAPA: [laughing delightedly] I'd say you probably passed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home