Sunday, May 18, 2008

Trinity Sunday

This being Trinity Sunday, I thought it worthwhile to link to two old discussions.

First, there's my own previous attempt to explain the doctrine of the Trinity to a particularly intelligent high school student, which also contains an exploration of a far more important topic, namely, the distinction between univocal and analogical speech, especially as it relates to talking and thinking about God and our relationship with Him. It also emphasizes something that to me should always be at the forefront of any discussion of the Trinity and yet never is: that the most important question about the Trinity is, "What difference does it make in my life that God is a Trinity?"

Second, there's one of the most remarkably civil and enlightening discussions of a religious topic that I've ever read or participated in, a classic comment-section discussion that could only have happened at Alexandra von Maltzan's salon of a blog.

If you only have time to follow one of those two links then pretend I didn't mention the first one; the second one is MUCH better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home