Wednesday, October 11, 2006

"Finally, a Good Use For Telemarketers" Dept

It has been awhile since I laughed until I literally cried...literally stood up and staggered around the office in hysterics clutching my side. But this did it for me.

Though the fact that it's 3:00 in the morning and I'm at work (because I spent the evening at the hospital and will spend tomorrow morning there as well, probably) might have something to do with how funny I found it. Nothing like a little punchiness to make a comic's life easier.

HT: Ace.

Oh, who's in the hospital? Sorry, meant to blog that earlier tonight and had forgotten to. Here's you a little vignette from Kegan's afternoon at the school bus stop just before coming home today (well, yesterday now), in which Life teaches Kegan the lesson he hasn't been that interested in learning from his parents -- namely, that if you're quick to fly off the handle when you're annoyed, sooner or later discomfort is likely to ensue:

KEGAN: [accidentally brushes his backpack against a kid he doesn't notice at the water fountain]
OTHER KID: [nastily] Hey, stop shoving!
KEGAN: [annoyed] Oh, shut up.
OTHER KID: You shut up! [pushes Kegan in the chest]
KEGAN: [pushes him back] Hey, get off me!
OTHER KID: [breaks Kegan's jaw in two places with a right hook]

[sigh] The education of my children proceeds apace, I suppose.

We have to have him back up at the hospital at 8:30 tomorrow so that the surgeon (who had already gone home for the night) can decide whether surgery is called for, but I had an 8:00 code deadline tomorrow morning, and thus you find me at work in front of my computer at 3:17 a.m. But the work's finally done and I should be able to get a little sleep. Except that, having sort of missed supper in the excitement, us is kinda hongry...

But hey, any day in which at least once you laugh until you are crying and in pain, can't be all bad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home