Wednesday, August 09, 2006

"Lamentations of the Father" Dept

I am absolutely delighted to discover that the classic little book Lamentations of the Father is on-line. If you have never read it, and if (like me) you have children, and if (like me though not like my children) you grew up reading the King James Version regularly, then stop whatever you're doing and read it now.

And even if you aren't a KJV-conversant parent, I still think you'll find it well worth the effort.

...Likewise if you receive a portion of fish from which every piece of herbal seasoning has not been scraped off, and the herbal seasoning is loathsome to you and steeped in vileness, again I say, refrain from screaming. Though the vileness overwhelm you, and cause you a faint unto death, make not that sound from within your throat, neither cover your face, nor press your fingers to your nose. For even I have made the fish as it should be; behold, I eat it myself, yet shall not surely die....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home