Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Welcome to the party, Brendan!

Brendan Loy finally faces up to the fact that the Democratic Party is no place for the likes of him -- and, much more shockingly, his mom walks off the Democratic plantation too.

Here is my favorite passage from Brendan's piece -- just because it's so nice to see somebody who never understood how you feel, to suddenly have that light-bulb moment. Welcome to the world of people who think for themselves, Brendan.

I never wanted to be an independent. As I said earlier, it always struck me as something of a cop-out, the meaningless refuge of those who “don’t want to be labeled.” Screw that, I said; I have no problem with being labeled, so long as the label fits. But now, I finally understand where earnest independents are coming from, because now, for me, neither label fits.

2 Comments:

At 4:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Any thoughts on this:

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article5290.htm

 
At 11:56 PM, Blogger Ken Pierce said...

I wrote some up but they were highly uncharitable and so I discarded them. Let's just say I am neither convinced nor impressed, and, for charity's sake, leave it at that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home