Thursday, May 26, 2005

"Help, Help, I'm Being Oppressed" Dept

It's striking to me that so many American newspapers seem to think that the allegations of the prisoners at Guantanamo are intrinsically reliable and that the testimony of American soldiers is intrinsically to be distrusted. Lots of people are dissecting this so I won't contribute to the noise level...but I do want to point out that some stellar investigative reporting is going on over where the Llama Butchers roam. And as far as I can tell their scoop is at least as well supported as anything Newsweek has published this millenium...


THE TOP TEN OTHER GITMO PRISONER ALLEGATIONS

10. Camp cinema charging full price for matinee showings of
Star Wars III.

9. Forced to milk 100 cows every morning before walking four miles to holding cell and back. In the snow. Up hill. Both ways.

8. Took my liver even though I was still using it....


Read the rest, dudes. It gets better. (You can't go wrong with Holy Grail allusions, after all.)

There is also the runner-up for scoop of the day, found here, where we learn that, "The entire Death Row population at the federal penitentiary in Terre Haute, Indiana testified that 'the food is terrible and I'm 110% innocent. I swear. Hey, you wouldn't happen to have a smoke, would you?'"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home