Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Well, that was more fun than most dreams of that genre

I rather frequently have those dreams where you're out in public and suddenly realize you forgot to put on your pants. And I had one last night...but it turned out to be more fun than usual. I was apparently helping out with P.E. at Kai's school, and the principal came in and suddenly started glaring at me and lecturing me, and I realized that somehow my pants had disappeared even though I had been wearing them just a few moments earlier. But this time I was apparently not quite as much asleep as usual, and so the conversation went about as follows:

[The PERIL looks down and his pants are missing.]

PRINCIPAL: I suppose you understand why we have a problem here.

PERIL [enlightenment dawning]: Do you realize what this means?

[The PRINCIPAL looks confused and can find no answer.]

PERIL [triumphantly]: It means that this is a dream. It means that you are in my dream. And that means that you have to do whatever I say.

PRINCIPAL [light dawning on his face]: I guess that's true...

So I told him (I'm not sure why) to get on all fours and run around the gym like a dog while singing, "Oh, Buffalo gals, won't you come out tonight, come out tonight, come out tonight..." And he did, and this made me very happy. And then I must have fallen more deeply into sleep because I don't remember what happened after that.

I am, one perceives, a man of simple pleasures.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home