Thursday, November 11, 2010

Proud grandpa

My granddaughter Angelina (pronounced with hard g "AngeiLEEna") Nadejda (pronounced "NaDYEZHda") Pierce (pronounced "Pierce") was born slightly more than 24 hours ago, in the wee hours of November 10, two days too late to be my own birthday present. And, while I will respect the Orthodox tradition of protecting the privacy of mother and child for forty days' isolation by not posting Angelina's picture here, I do want to thank my vnuchka from the bottom of my heart for deciding NOT to wait until December to be born, as I already have more than enough presents to buy every December.

I'm getting a huge kick out of calling my 33-year-old wife "Grandma," by the way. Fortunately for me, Helen also thinks it's pretty funny.

In the meantime, it's a good thing there are people who are willing to give new, first-time parents helpful advice (HT: Failblog):

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home