Monday, January 25, 2010

Well, that's one way to teach economics

I side with Hayek on this one -- Keynes was simultaneously one of the most intelligent men, and one of the most flatulently braying jackasses, of the twentieth century, and if you think that's a contradiction then you really don't have the slightest clue about what it is that determines whether a man will wind up wise or foolsih. (Hint: it ain't intelligence.)

But that's not why I'm embedding this video -- if it were, I'd be embedding it over on the political blog. I'm embedding it, and embedding it here, because, after a slow start (I beg you to give it time), this turns out to be a hilariously done rap video -- yes, I said "rap video" -- in which Keynes and Hayek get after each other, arguing about what causes boom-and-bust business cycles.

Um...yeah.

Look, the rappin' dudes are REALLY white in every sense (which of course Keynes and Hayek were), but the rap, which starts out about as lame as you would expect Keynes and Hayek to be, gets better and better as it goes -- the more wound up they get in the argument, the better they rap, which I presume was a deliberate artistic effect.

So without further ado, I give you Lord Keynes and "Freddie" Hayek.



Hat tip to Veronique over at The Corner.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home