Well, congratulations, OU...
...but now I think UT ought to be going instead of us, because now, with the latest OU linebacker injury, I think UT could field a better team and would represent the Big XII better in the national championship game.
And that in itself ought to tell you how close those two teams are. [sigh]
By the way, I've been thinking about the rhetorical trick being played by the "45-35, 45-35, 45-35," crowd, and here's the fundamental dishonesty involved.
What the 45-35 contingent does, rhetorically, is this:
1. They look at the three teams in the three-way tie and say, "Well, let's figure out who the worst is."
2. Then they (rightly) kick out Tech.
3. Then they say, "So now let's pretend it was a two-way tie, not a three-way tie."
4. Then they say, "We won head-to-head, so we should we go."
Now the reason that this is patently hypocritical, is this: it's equally valid logic to remove the best team first, like this:
1. We look at the three teams in the three-way tie and say, "Well, let's figure out who the best is."
2. For reasons adduced previously on this blog (which reasons, I might add, were good enough for the computers and the voters), you establish that Oklahoma is the best of the three, and remove them from the equation. Now we need to know which of the remaining two, Tech or Texas, will get the second BCS bid.
3. Then we say, "So now let's pretend it was a two-way tie, not a three-way tie."
4. Then they say, "Tech won head-to-head, so they should get the second BCS bid instead of us -- because 39-33 is the only thing that matters."
Now, that is just as logically valid a proceeding as the one the Forty-Fivers are claiming we'll all go to hell if we don't follow. But do you really think there's even the slightest chance that the maroons who rented that 45-35 plane, are now going to say, "Well, since now it's between us and Tech for the second BCS bid, and Tech beat us head-to-head, Tech should go to the BCS instead of us; it doesn't matter whether or not people think that, all things considered, we're a better team, because 39-33 is the only thing that ought to matter"?
Like hell they will.
Hypocritical bastards... [grinning]