Friday, September 12, 2008

Settled in and ready for Ike

Kinya and Natasha and I are settled into Duane's house (the Liongs themselves have headed for Brenham because Duane is part of production support and therefore left town along with the rest of the BG disaster recovery team. All supplies are safely acquired, bathtubs full of water, ready to go. Natasha and I went for a walk a little while ago since the rain hasn't hit yet, and took some "before" pictures. As you can see from this one, the wind is starting to pick up even though the rain isn't here yet.


Anya insisted on staying at the apartment, which I think was mildly foolish, but there's a point at which you shrug your shoulders and say, "She's twenty-one and can't very well be stopped from making her own mistakes." I imagine she'll be fine though; it's a second-storey apartment and as long as nothing gets slung through the window she shouldn't have to worry about flooding.

So, no particular worries. Probably won't be a very pleasant night, but I don't think there's serious risk of harm. There's just one thing that annoys me: Duane has that cute little BMW convertible, and I was really looking forward to driving around during the hurricane with the top down; but he didn't leave the keys where I can find them. Such an inconsiderate host...

3 Comments:

At 5:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mr Peril, there are two boxes near the fridge. One contains car keys and the other a bottle of whiskey. Pick only one box. :)

 
At 5:21 PM, Blogger Kris with a K said...

Kenny, you resourceful man. I have two words for you: HOT WIRE.

I'm sure "them internets" has that info.

Stay safe!

 
At 6:57 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

But when the power goes out, and you know it will, how long will we be left without a peril fix/storm update?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home