Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Long time comin'

Some of my earliest memories are going down to visit my grandparents in Bellaire, going to games in the Astrodome, playing by myself in my grandparents' backyard on the Saint Augustine grass, in the top of the inning (of the game played in my imagination) throwing a baseball into the Pitch-Back, in the bottom of the inning swinging a bat while I pretended to be Cesar Cedeno or Doug Radar.

Been a long time comin'. It feels awfully nice. Though, in retrospect, celebrating with a triple MacAllen showed a certain lack of foresight as it's now going to be some time before it's safe for me to leave this sports bar...fortunately they know me and like me so I can get away with curling up in this big ol' easy chair and catching some Z's.

The Astros are going to the Series. Bigg' and Bags finally get to the biggest games.

You know, if Lidge doesn't get suddenly stupid last night, then Biggio wouldn't have set the record -- tonight -- for most postseason games played by a man who had never gotten into the World Series. And speaking of Albert and Lidge, a picture for your enjoyment is attached, but since it's non-Baptist it's not on the front page...no, wait! It's actually on the marquis of a Baptist Church! It's the end of civilization as we know it...gotta say, though, I think God is absolutely right. As usual...continue reading...



P.S. Should that be "marquee"? Oh, Lordy, I'm so tired I'm hallucinating as I look at the screen, and I can't even speak English anymore, or at least write it...good night, guys.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home